Sunset pure prune juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el wino

Reaction score
Is prune juice by itself make a good wine...Or is it better using it as an ingredient to give dark friuts wines more body whilefermenting.

el wino said:
guess i leave it for medicinal purposes...ha.ha

Ill bet if you make wine from it and after fermentation and stabilazation you treat it with KC clarifier, it will drop the ebrasives(parastalsic stimulators) as lees and no longer be a laxative.

YOU GO FIRST INDY
smiley36.gif

el,

Prune juice will likely produce a wine that tastes nothing like prune juice. I say go for it and see.

I too say go for it! Raisins are known to have the same effect as prunes. And, I believe that Scotty is correct about "dropping the lees" and the effect.

PolishWineP said:
I too say go for it! Raisins are known to have the same effect as prunes. And, I believe that Scotty is correct about "dropping the lees" and the effect.

This leaves lots of room for remarks.
smiley3.gif

I guess prune juice win is now on my list of novelty wines. Thanks for the thought.

The coffee wine is so much better than i expected after all the grief it gave me.

Back