Storing next to electrical box?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elmer

Reaction score
Silly , silly question, but.....better safe than sorry!

I am working on revamping my cellar.
I am moving my operation out of the furnace portion of the basement (the only spot available when I first started), to the other side of the basement.

However my wine shelf and wine buckets/carboys will be within a few feet of my electric box.
Is this an issue?

I am looking forward to moving everything away from the furnance and heat ducts, but my mother in law, who I believe is overly paranoid thinks that some type of electric magnetic field is generated by the electrical junction box (fuse box).

Any forseeable issues?

Last edited:
I would say there is no problem as long as there is nothing blocking the front of the panel and nothing wet could slosh into the panel you should be alright. just make sure the panel can't get wet in a catostropic carboy failure .You may check with codes if your taking water near the panel , there is probily a minimum distance between a sink or a faucet and a panel.

:sh
I would say there is no problem as long as there is nothing blocking the front of the panel and nothing wet could slosh into the panel you should be alright. just make sure the panel can't get wet in a catostropic carboy failure .You may check with codes if your taking water near the panel , there is probily a minimum distance between a sink or a faucet and a panel.

No sink or faucet. The only source of water in my basement is my washing machine.

Luckily the box is raised and about chest to eye height, so there would have to be a Catastrophic carboy failure to get the box wet!

:rn :sh

I do not believe that the box itself will affect your wine in any way. Tell you MIL to have a glass of wine and relax.

Do agree with winointraining in that you do not want to get the box wet.

If you panel is closed, no problems, a lot of braker panels are on the oustide of some older homes, in the rain, the cold, the snow...etc.
no such thing as electrical field around a panel box..
i say........you are good to go....
just dont drink too much and change a breaker out...lol

No problem storing them there, only clear working space if needed to access the panel.

Latest posts

Back