Storage Temp and tasting notes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kat50496

Reaction score
I was planning to serve a couple of my whites to friends last weekend, and put bottles into the fridge to chill. As is often the case, stuff happened and we never got together. Well, the wine is still in the fridge, and we won't be getting back together until next weekend.

The wines are a chard, a sauve blanc and a pinot grigio. Should I leave them in the fridge or take them out and allow them to come back to cellar temp? Any ideas on affect to taste either way. Thanks for any help.

I was planning to serve a couple of my whites to friends last weekend, and put bottles into the fridge to chill. As is often the case, stuff happened and we never got together. Well, the wine is still in the fridge, and we won't be getting back together until next weekend.

The wines are a chard, a sauve blanc and a pinot grigio. Should I leave them in the fridge or take them out and allow them to come back to cellar temp? Any ideas on affect to taste either way. Thanks for any help.

No problem taking good wine out and then re-chilling it next week. Only serious pros would ever know you did it.

Now, if these wines were $500 bottles of wine and your friends were professional wine tasters/judges, you might reconsider. :dg

Latest posts

Back