so2

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joemcc

Junior
Reaction score
Whats the best way to monitor the so2 levels in white wine. And how do I know what the levels are in it now?

There are SO2 test kits that will tell you right where you are. These are good for preserving the wine.

The test kits are a little tricky. Make sure you read the full instructions before testing.

I messed up when adding my sulfites I didn't disolve them first so I think alot ended up at the bottom is there anyway to recover from that or am I screwed?

I messed up when adding my sulfites I didn't disolve them first so I think alot ended up at the bottom is there anyway to recover from that or am I screwed?
I would guess that it is disolved by now, just stir it up, should be no problem. :b

Just stir it up. I rinse out my carboys and leave a few drops of water in the bottom so when I drop in the sulfite it disolves right away then I add my wine.

Ok I'm going to walla walla this weekend and so I'll pick it up there. Thanks for your help. Joe. M

Latest posts

Back