Skeeter Pee Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocelyn

Reaction score
I took the slurry from my dragons blood (which finished at .93) and moved it over to my skeeter pee.

I inverted the sugar and the pee took off like a rocket, (added slurry friday night, less then 48 hours its dropped from 1.7 day 1, 1.5 day 2, and 1.3 today) I think this has to do with the fact that hubby put 2 packs of yeast into my dragons blood (le sigh each time I tell him to help with something simple in the wine making process something like that happens).

My question is in the instructions it tells me I want to rack to a carboy right away and let it continue fermentation in there (at 1.5) would it be okay if I leave it in the primary till it drops to 1 or less like I would with dragons blood?

And if I do rack early do I take the lees with me?

Ferment completely dry in your bucket. The CO2 coming off it will protect the wine. If you like snap on a lid with an airlock when it's below 1.000 it will finish quickly and be fine.

One pack of yeast is more than enough, no need for two. If and when you rack and it still is fermenting you must transfer all the lees and sediment. Living and dead yeast along with various nutrients are contained within. You risk a stalled or slowed fermentation if you don't.

Latest posts

Back