Should the airlock be filled to the top?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abefroman

Reaction score
Should the airlock be filled to the top?

I filled my to the top with meta, should it only be filled halfway or so?

Which type of airlock are you using?? I have both a 3 piece airlock and the s-bubble air lock and both of mine have fill lines which come up to about half way in the air lock. I fill mine just to the fill level and thats it. Hope this helps

Yeah - there should be fill line about half way. If not you could get some solution in your wine.

Yeah - there should be fill line about half way. If not you could get some solution in your wine.

I have a 3 piece, this one:
yhst-54334701386679_2119_10276001

It has a really faint line about half way up, but it doesn't say fill line, should I assume thats the fill line?

:( some of the solution when in went I was moving the carboy around, is that going to affect the wine if an ounce or two of k-meta got in?

I have a 3 piece, this one:
yhst-54334701386679_2119_10276001

:( some of the solution when in went I was moving the carboy around, is that going to affect the wine if an ounce or two of k-meta got in?

about 1 once fits in the airlock so you probably got max 1/4 once in the wine, I don't think it's a big deal...
But that's why you only fill them up 1/2 way ;)

Latest posts

Back