• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

selling to small private buyer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendozer

Reaction score
trying to find a vineyard that will sell small batches to me for home winemaking. Last year I picked about 190 lbs. Looking to do a smaller load this year, one red and one white, 5 gallon batches.

Specifically I'm looking for Columbia Valley vineyards so I can drive a few hours from Seattle to pick.

juicegrape.com will distribute to small scale ops. I am interested to see if anyone else has any recommendations.

Watch craigslist..

Found Riesling, Merlot, Barbera, and some others on there last year; only went with the Riesling myself..

I'm not doing grapes this year or i'd offer to combine an order with you

I know in Napa there is a central supply place where there is a bulletin board of growers who have grapes for sale. I am sure there is something similar in that area. Most growers don't deal with selling such small quantities, though.

Maybe you could put together a group from your area. Altogether you could order a ton or two. Work it right and since you put the deal together, you get your grapes free.

Morewine has an online bulletin board of growers wanting to sell grape, but that might be just California.

I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but if everyone could use this as a learning experience/reminder, your subject line is a little vague and nowhere in your message do you use the word "grape." I would suggest something like "want to buy grapes" or something similar for the subject line. Even though you don't use the word, it's obvious in the message you want grapes, but it's funny how we sometimes write things.

Back