RJS RQ Pinot Noir Shiraz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meadini

Reaction score
I know this is last years’ special release but I got a great deal on it. I was looking for the WE Double Noir, but my hbs owner sold me on this according to the taste I was looking for-and because he wanted to get rid of old stock, I’m sure. Anyway, has anyone made this kit and how did it turn out?

This is a surprising but yet interesting blend, unfortunately RJS isn't in my country, otherwise I would have bought it.
So, sorry, nothing to add.

I made it when it came out, bottled it last month, as I remember I was impressed with the glass leftover from bottling but it won't enter my drinking rotation until next January.

I made two of them. Still in carboys. They will get bottled in the next month or two, but like Jeff said in the previous comment, they won't start getting opened for quite some time.
Regardless, I believe you made the right choice as this will likely be much better than the WE Double Noir.

Yes I figured it wouldn’t be quite ready yet. How long are you all aging this kit for, almost 2 years? Also did either of you use the oak dust I came with? That just seems like a clogged racking cane waiting to happen to me.

Yes I figured it wouldn’t be quite ready yet. How long are you all aging this kit for, almost 2 years? Also did either of you use the oak dust I came with? That just seems like a clogged racking cane waiting to happen to me.
Yes, the En Primeur and RQ's both need about two years to reach the point where they really start to shine. Yes, I always use it, the oak dust is a non-issue when racking. By the time you're ready to rack it has all sunken to the bottom of the fermenter. If you encounter oak chips in future kits make sure to put them in the bag with the skins.

Latest posts

Back