Quantcast

reusing loop style lids

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Dentman

Reaction score
good morning ladies and gents - I'm writing today to see if anyone can comment on re-using bottles with ceramic lid and loops from this company http://vodka360.com its water tight, i just didntk now about letting the wine "breath" through the cork. yes its fully degassed :D

pete1325

Reaction score
I've used them, but never lay them on their sides, just worried about leakage. I use them short term storage......say after bottling and don't have enough wine to fill and cork a regular 750m bottle. I have a buddy that only use these types of bottles, he never corks..... too lazy or too much work....lol.

Donatelo

Reaction score
I used two of those bottles for my first batch of Welch's Concord grape wine. I didn't lay them over, but I have not had a leakage. I still have the empties. I might use them again in a pinch. They are just different enough that I shy away from them, but it's probably unfounded.
Do you have a large supply? You might use a few and wait to see the results.

Johny99

Reaction score
I use similar type topped bottles from easy-cap, and commercial cider I’ve consumed, for my carbonated cider. They seal real well. Occasionally I’ll use them to hold extra wine from racking etc. much more tight than a tcork or stopper. You can get replacement gaskets for the easy cap as well. If the tops are the same I don’t see why they wouldn’t work on the vodka bottles.

Latest posts