Other Petite syrah

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vlabruz

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a commercial recommendation that I can try before either buy a kit. Im not sure I've had it before. I usually drink cabernet or merlot

Does anyone have a commercial recommendation that I can try before either buy a kit. Im not sure I've had it before. I usually drink cabernet or merlot
If you can find a Turley Petite Syrah Napa Valley or Turley Petite Syrah Estate, they are very good examples of really nice ones at a very affordable price (release price is $28 and $40, respectively). Here's a link to one you can order for $35: Where to buy Turley Wine Cellars Turley Estate Petite Sirah, Napa Valley | prices & local stores in LA, USA

You can get the Daou Pessimist red blend from Paso Robles. $20 at total wine. While it’s a blend, and the blend changes slightly depending on the vintage, it’s always dominant petite sirah (70-80%). In my opinion it’s a very good example of Petite Sirah from a good AVA without the large price tag.

Michael David Winery makes a blend of 85% Petite Sirah and 15% Petit Verdot, which is called "Petite Petit." This is from Lodi, CA, and is widely available for ~$18. I will say upfront that I have never had it, but it purports to be a big, bold wine. Their description goes "It is a substantial, dense, full-bodied, whopper style of wine loaded with pure black fruit and vanilla flavors that coat the palate."

Michael David Winery makes a blend of 85% Petite Sirah and 15% Petit Verdot, which is called "Petite Petit." This is from Lodi, CA, and is widely available for ~$18. I will say upfront that I have never had it, but it purports to be a big, bold wine. Their description goes "It is a substantial, dense, full-bodied, whopper style of wine loaded with pure black fruit and vanilla flavors that coat the palate."

Oh you really should pick up a bottle of it at Costco. Around MO it's $11-13, and is one of the wines we almost always have a bottle or four around here.

I saw this today. I ended up buying the Bogle. I also bought a sangiovese and zinfandel. Never had either.

Sooo… could a person write off their wine purchases as an education expense??? Asking for a friend.
You can write off anything you want!

Whether you'll survive a tax audit is a totally different question ..... 🤣

If prison has computers you'll be able to post here, but the wine you make won't be as good.

to start i love the petit - - big bold lots of gripping ur mouth
try 19 crimes - Snoop Doog cali red - very very nice
i made this blend - petit sirah zin and merlot - 2020- in America oak -oh my very very nice - if - if u like big bold wines - party on Garth!!!

Back