Peache Puree

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afireguy

Reaction score
Hello all,
smiley2.gif

Its day 12 sinceI started my Peach Puree, seems like its taking forever.
around day 8 it was a sg of 1.06 so I went ahead and racked it to the corboy just to get rid of some of the waste in the bottom of the bucket, and then put it back in the bucket. Its know down to 1.05 or a hair less.
Im thinking at around 1.oooIll rerack it to the corboy and add poss. sorb and k med and then degass and add super clear andstir, is this correct or am I missing anything? Thanks for your help...

That is the correct sequence. What temp is it at now, did you use any nutrient and or energizer in this batch. I cant remember and since you have posted this under a different post I cant seem to find the other post. For future reference, try to keep each batch in the same post so as we can help you better.

Thanks Wade, Temps been around 70 to 73 (70 mostley), Iadded Energizer, tannins, acid and nutrients and a pack and 2/3 of champane yeast. 13 lbs of sugar and three cans of 42oz puree (ithink), making around 6 .5 gallons of fluid.Starting sgat 1.09 oct 30th....
and thanks for the posting tip ...it only makes since,I must of been day dreaming about my next Batch of Vino......lol

Being as you used Champagne yeast and you have an SG of 1.005, either your hydrometer needs calibrating or you should wait langer as this yeast should take it dry, say under 1.000.

Latest posts

Back