Out of bottles again!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyjames23

Reaction score
How can I be out? I've purchased almost 300 bottles this year? And that's for 2013!!!!
Maybe I should ....
Start sinking heavily?
Make less wine?
Or suck it up and buy more bottles?

I get mine for free from local bar/restraunt. clean sanitize and reuse.

The carboy bungs, which are made for including an air lock, are just the right size for inserting a straw. :b

Sounds like you need to start drinking more wine so you can free up some more bottles. :r

Screw the straw. I got 100 feet of hose!

I can drink from almost anywhere in the house...all the time.

300 bottles is only 60 gallons of wine! Get with it, man! Ya gotta keep up here! :D

So, I gotta ask....

Is this an issue with ...

A) You not saving your bottles when you empty them,
B) You not getting the empty bottles back when you gift wine,
C) You are simply not drinking the wine fast enough????

If your answer is A, then I have no pity for you.

If your answer is B, then get a better class of friends.

If your answer is C, then shame on you. How could it be possible that you can make wine faster then you can drink it??? Perhaps me and some of my fellow WMT members should come down there and remedy this problem!

It's a column B and C mix.

I hear "I'll bring that bottle back" about once a week. The other factor is my drinking. I only have one 375ml before bed.
Don't know what I'm gonna do about the 12 gallons of SP I just made.
It's not too bad though. There's a bottle factory/recycler locally. $5 a case for Bordeaux style.

It's a column B and C mix.

I hear "I'll bring that bottle back" about once a week. The other factor is my drinking. I only have one 375ml before bed.
Don't know what I'm gonna do about the 12 gallons of SP I just made.
It's not too bad though. There's a bottle factory/recycler locally. $5 a case for Bordeaux style.

That's a good price for the recycled Bordeaux bottles. I have only purchased bottles one time for a port I made. We still buy/drink lots of commercial wine, so I have a fresh supply of bottles coming in. Since I am likely moving to California in a year, I have stopped making reds altogether, so the empties are stacking up.

I would probably pay $5 for a case of used bottles IF they were clean and sanitized. That would beat cleaning them myself. Otherwise why pay for something that is readily available for free? Just go to your local recycling bin and grab all you want. Or talk to local restaurants or hotels. I think you could get all the used bottles you want for nothing.

GreginND said:
I would probably pay $5 for a case of used bottles IF they were clean and sanitized. That would beat cleaning them myself. Otherwise why pay for something that is readily available for free? Just go to your local recycling bin and grab all you want. Or talk to local restaurants or hotels. I think you could get all the used bottles you want for nothing.

I like my bottles non screw top. Nothing more humiliating than corking a screw top.
Plus...I'm a stickler for uniformity.

I would never use a screw top either. As I said, I think $5 is a deal if they are all clean!

I've heard of screw tops breaking, risky...

Talk to local restaurants, I get free bottles then clean, sanitize and reuse like many others here.

Latest posts

Back