Oak Barrels - Spend My Money

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xanxer82 - not a rival to me...but after their actions i guess i am a rival to *them* a subtle difference but a difference nonetheless :)

Tom - no....Hollis NH is just over the Massachusetts border up Rt 3 and just west of Nashua NH, i would say that Orange VT is 3-4 hours away (?)

you know someone up there?

Yes my sister. She is just below the capital of VT She has snow from Nov-April.. She can keep it

Al, appreciate all the really good information. I think I'm sold on the flex tank. I have 1400 vines I planted last year so they won't be ready for at least a couple of more years. Flextank has run specials on 4 80 gallon tanks at a time (about $1600) - so maybe I'll start adding that way.

essentially the same number of vines that i have...good for you

that deal you mentioned is a good way to start...do you need a source for oak?

Xanxer82 - not a rival to me...but after their actions i guess i am a rival to *them* a subtle difference but a difference nonetheless :)

Tom - no....Hollis NH is just over the Massachusetts border up Rt 3 and just west of Nashua NH, i would say that Orange VT is 3-4 hours away (?)

you know someone up there?

They grow grapes or make wine too?
I would think wineries would be eager work together sharing knowledge or selling grapes and blending wine.

no...no grapes...no wine..but i found out one of the owners always WANTED to

they been here forever and are power broker types, so i just play quiet till i get a firm leg on the ground backed by sales

as far as wineries helping out etc etc working together...do you recall the movie A Good Year w Russel Crowe....Crowe started selling off bonds, tanking the price, forcing a competitor to unload his, then Crowe bought it all back on the cheap and landed a handsome profit....the underling to his competitor asked his boss what was going on...afterall the two bond groups had a 'gentleman's agreement'...the Crowe competitor looked at his underling and said that agreenment *pre-supposes* that there are gentlemen in that agreement

:)

I love my oak barrels and would never trade them in.The wine that comes out of these barrels are by far, better then the wine i have in glass dems infused with oak.When you do a side by side comparison its hands down the barrel wins ever time.Its worth the work you have to put into cleaning them after racking.Im sure you would feel the same way if you tried a barrel your self Al.

thank you for the info...i look forward to that day that i see what you see...barrels ARE in my future...but for now i am happy....i know a darn good wine can be made w/o them as well...

When I was a boy we had a neighbor who's granddad had stirred his whiskey with a green hickory stick, the whiskey turned out with a green tint and had a taste of hickory, at first he thought he ruined it but later he decided he liked it and that became that family's traditional whiskey, a slight green color and a hint of hickory.

Latest posts

Back