Northern Indiana Wineries

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pondvu

Reaction score
We are on a small five acre farm about 30 miles west of Ft Wayne, Indiana.
I have a disability that is incurable at this time. Many Doctors do not offer much help with employment hope in the near future. I have a neurological degenerative disease similar to Parkinson's (Disability since Jan 2012).
I have purchased 100 strawberry plants and 10 Grape vines (5 Concord & 5 Foch) from Indiana Berry https://indianaberry.com/. We are planing to start making wine. First with the strawberries and possibly pumpkins this fall. Grapes hopefully in 3-5 years. We have started almost 75 pumpkin plants and still have time to plant others. I would like to know what would be the best kind of pumpkin for making an award winning pumpkin wine? Also any input on a the Concord and Foch for making good red wine?:a1
Thanks in advance,
Tom

Tom, Sorry to hear of your disability.
pie pumpkins work best, i am not a huge fan of pumpkin wine but each to there own.
i can't live too far from you, what town you around, i'm between tippy and shoe lake. i would be happy to meet you somewhere and help you get started if you wish. PM me if your interested

WELCOME! Alright another Indiana'er

look around ask plenty of questions and im always willing to be a tester for the wine :)

REALLY Pumpkin? Have you succesfully tried this yet and have people other than friends taste it? Starting up a new winery I think I would want to have some fast moving wine that folks are familier with first and throw in something unique to your style in a small way to see if it will sell in your market. What is the shelf life on Pumpkin wine. Is it sweet or dry. I have never tried it but I know a few folks on here have made it from can pumpkin.

Running Wolf,
Edinboro, PA? I am originally from Uniontown, Pa. Around three hours south of you.

I moved here in 1987. My brother still lives out that way. He has a real nice place that he could grow grapes. I am going to suggest that in the near future.:)

Latest posts

Back