New steam juicer.. What to make?? Need recipes please

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pightr

Reaction score
Well I just received a new steam juicer for christmas and was wondering what I should do first with this thing. Any suggestions? I was thinking of making an apple wine or something along those lines. Any help or recipes would be greatly appreciated.

Get some strawberries or other type of berries. I haven't tried mine with apples or any other hard fruits yet. Maybe try some peaches. What can you get out there at a reasonable price?

I just made some pear juice just the other day with mine. I used 30#'s of pears (pears were cut and frozen) and got about 2.5 gallons of juice. I heard pears have a very subtle flavor so you shouldn't add any water to the mix. Thinking I'm going to add some caramel flavoring around f-pak time too. :h

I always freeze my fruit for 2 or 3 weeks to help break the cells down for better juice extraction. If there is a costco around go and get their frozen black berries or mixe berry bags.

All above are spot on.
Question is if you can get fresh fruit. If so figure 5-6# per gal MIN Strawberry will need more. Freeze fruit and go to it.
Dont forget to do extra for a f-pac.

I always freeze my fruit for 2 or 3 weeks to help break the cells down for better juice extraction. If there is a costco around go and get their frozen black berries or mixe berry bags.

I would always recommend to freeze fruit for this reason. I'll second Costco, Sams or places like GFS for frozen fruit.

Latest posts

Back