New guy in Texas saying hi

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMStudios

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm James, longtime wine drinker, first-time winemaker.
I found these forums after binge-watching youtube videos for the last month or so.

I live in Seguin, Tx and work in San Antonio.
I admit I'm captivated by winemaking now and only slightly overwhelmed by the science.

My first few wines so far are 5 gallons of apple, 6 gallons of blueberry, and 1 gallon of concord grape.
I've been debating buying a kit just to try one out.

Like anyone just starting out, I'm trying to be patient and that leads me here.
I'm looking forward to slacking off at work and reading all the posts here :)

Howdy. You came to the right place to learn. I’d be cautious of what you learn from YouTube. There are some sketchy practices there. Of coarse, they know everything and they’ll tell you. That’s why this is such a great place. You can get different opinions, but there are some excellent (and professional) wine makers here who are always ready to help. Just ask.
Cheers

Welcome James! I’m new myself, fellow Texan up near Bulverde.

Welcome and ditto AkTom . . . lots of sketchy info on YouTube. I think you will find this forum very helpful at all levels of winemaking experience. Don't be afraid to ask a question. Seems like there's always a host of knowledgeable folks standing by. There are no stupid questions. We all just want to make the best tasting wine we can.

Hey y'all fellow Texans, we are north of Grapevine up here. We just put 1500 miles driving down around y'all tasting at the wineries that participated in the October month long Texas Wine Passport. I recommend everybody check it out, we recouped the passport fee after the 2nd winery!!
Our recommendation on the wine kit is go for it and if you don't already know the price of the kit dictates how much grape concentrate you get or the more you pay the less water you add to make the wine.
One of our first wines was an apple cinnamon, it has taken a few years for it to blend together but not everybody likes apple cinnamon like I do.
Enjoy your wine endeavor.

TXWineDuo

Latest posts

Back