Need help quick - Chemicals, Additives (whatever)

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

hollandnigel

Junior
Reaction score
Sorry for the urgent post,
I have a grape vine, no idea what variety....

Anyway, I purchased a 'Bigger Jugs' kit online, but it's for a concentrate!

I have real grapes,

Reason for the urgency is I live abroad, and have family driving over next week, and it's the cheapest way to get the bits.

I did find what I needed last year, but can't find the list now, so any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks again

Arne

Reaction score
Maybe make it a bit clearer what you are looking for. I am pretty dense and can't figure out what you are looking for. Saw the title of the post, probably need some nutrient, k-meta (campden tablets) maybe some acid, some yeast, looks like you have fermenting vessels, if you don't have one, a hydrometer tells you where you are in the ferment and can tell how much alcohol the yeast is making. I guess anything else just ask, I am sure others will chime in. Arne.

Last edited:

hollandnigel

Junior
Reaction score
I have posted a link to a pack of 3 Youngs' products, but it's being held for review

NorCal

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For a couple of bottles, I’d hand destem and crush into a food safe and very clean container. Find 1118 yeast, hydrate and pitch it. Punch down a few times a day until fermentation is done (taste the juice until it’s not sweet). Use a cheese cloth to extract the juice. Add 50ppm SO2 (I can figure out grams if you want) and let it settle for a day. Bottle and let it sit for 4 months and then carefully pour out into another bottle, SO2 again and let it sit for a year.

Last edited:

Latest posts