Muscato & Niagra

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julie----this blend is intended to be a very fruity and tasty blend. Maybe it'd be a good idea to try it our way first--see what you think--THEN experiment further. The limeaide doesn't lend itself to good aging and it's only good in the bottle for about 9 months or so. Just as a reminder, use 2 of those cans of concentrate for 5 gallons. Let the bottles rest about 2 weeks and then enjoy. Be sure to sample some after you mix it and sugar it further--it's even good at THAT point, when it's still hot from the chemical additions.

Thanks Turock, that is my goal, to try it your way. LOL, when I try something new I always make it the way it was intended. After that, there have been times I have tweaked a recipe but there are times that I know there is just no tweaking.

OK Julie, sounds good. By the way--don't be tempted to strain the pieces of lime out of the concentrate thinking that it would make a clearer wine. We tried that,early on in fooling around with this blend, and we found the lime flavor not as good. Just accept the fact that it's gonna be a dirty wine. Don't forget to shake the bottle up before pouring--something that is contrary to a winemaker,LOL.

Latest posts

Back