Mosti Mondiale MM Amarone Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsmahoney

Reaction score
OK! According to the directions:
step 1: Fermentation (that's when the stuff bubbled up over the rim). Picture shown on this forum under Third day Amarone.....part II.
step 2: Rack when gravity is 1.020 or less. Mine was 1.000 S.G when I racked.
step 3: On day 12 take hydrometer reading to ensure that your fermentation is progressing well. Day 20 make sure the fermentation is complete. Note: The fermentation is complete when the hydrometer reads 0.995 or less, and when no more bubbles go through the air lock. Complete a second racking and this time avoid siphoning the sediment.

It is highly recommended to rely on the hydrometer reading, rather than the days specified in order to properly follow the fermentation's progress.

Today is the 6Th day from racking from the fermentation bucket to the carboy. I have a reading of 0.990 and no bubbles. Should I rack today, or wait until tomorrow and check and see if the S.G. is the same?

Is my process going faster because of the increased activity I had gotten during fermentation? The room temperature stays at around 60-62 degrees and is ideal for the second stages of wine making.

I'm just a little worried, for I don't want any problems with this one and want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Especially since it seems to be processing faster than the directions.

I would check in a few days to make sure that Sg is the same which it
should be given that you are at .990. Did you adjust SG. for temp
difference? A hydrometer reading is supposed to be taken at a certain
temp and if not at that temp you have to adjust the numbers. But
otherwise you are in great shape with nothing at all to worry about.

Thanks Wade! Yes, the temperature is OK at 62 degrees. I will check it the next few days and keep going! Thanks again for all your help!
Janet

Yes wade, it reads on the pamphlet calibrated at 60 degrees. Thank you so much!Edited by: jsmahoney

Latest posts

Back