Mini-Jet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bovinewines

Reaction score
All,
I got everything put together to filter my wine before bottling and I think the Mini-Jet I rented is on the fritz!

I have everything setup according to the instructions...when I turn the machine on its a very low hum....no one is being pulled into the filtering system at all.

I even tried "priming the pump" by pouring wine down into the intake and even that's not working. It seems its not pulling and pushing the way its supposed to.

Any ideas? The tutorials all make it look so easy!

Edited by: bovinewines

Figured it out.....you've got to really pay attention to getting those filters lined up just right.

After starting and stopping and finally fiddling with the filters again and really making sure they're set...I've got a very happy Mini-Jet now!

Mini-Jet question #2:

So, I'm getting quite a bit of "overflow" from this. Can I pour this back into the wine, should I toss it?

It looks like I'm going to get about 2 litres of it at the rate things are going.

pour it back into the carboy you are filtering from! Don't waste it. Or chill it and drink later :)

I did both Dean!
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back