Michigan-grown (or Great Lakes) Grape Juice Concentrates

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinophile

Junior
Reaction score
Are there any vineyards in Michigan (or Wisconsin, or anywhere in the Great Lakes region) that sell a grape juice concentrate? Thank you!

Concentrate is one step removed from the vineyard. It is a factory product which is sold to wineries, to the grocery store juice market, to natural foods producers which market “no added sugar”, and so on. This is readily available in 1000 pound totes and smaller drums. ,,, How much are you looking for?

In the old days Welches cooperative on Lake Erie produced 12 oz retail frozen concentrate. Currently Old Orchard is selling a 100% natural concentrate. Coloma Foods is selling half gallon sizes of concentrate through 55 gallon drums. Concentrate is available in several varieties of grape and other fruits.

Last edited:
Yes, several vineyards in the Great Lakes region, including Michigan and Wisconsin, offer grape juice concentrate for sale. It's advisable to directly contact local vineyards or wineries in these areas to inquire about their availability and pricing for grape juice concentrate. This can be a convenient option for various purposes, such as winemaking or culinary uses.

Thanks, this is great! I'll reach out to them. I don't think of New York as much of the Great Lakes region, but I suppose it is on technicality ;-)

Do they grow their own grapes, or would these come from somewhere else?

I can't answer any questions about where Walkers gets the juice from. I have never purchased anything from them, but I know a few folks that have and been happy with it.

Latest posts

Back