May have a problem with my peach wine,any suggestions?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parrothead

Junior
Reaction score
It's in the 4th week and still not seeing any action on the air lock.First week went fine as it done some big time working. Do you think I need to add some yeast energizer or something? THANKS!! Wanted to add the temp is fine around 70 to 71 .and I have been shaking it

Last edited:
give us the recipe you used and we can trouble shoot from there, your wine may have already fermented to dry or you didnt add enough sugar or 1000 other things that could have caused it to hang up.

It's in the 4th week and still not seeing any action on the air lock.First week went fine as it done some big time working. Do you think I need to add some yeast energizer or something? THANKS!! Wanted to add the temp is fine around 70 to 71 .and I have been shaking it

Is it in an airlocked primary (bucket) or in airlocked secondary (carboy)? What was the starting specific gravity? What is the current SG?

Lacking that info...

If it is in primary and a week went by, you have likely fermented to dry. It is not unusual for an active fermentation to finish in 5-7 days, after which it is racked over to a carboy for secondary. A hydrometer reading should tell you if it is fermented to dry, and if so, it is past time to get it into an airlocked carboy. Every day it sits in primary after fermenting out, it risks oxidation exposure.

If it is in secondary, the wine has likely reached a stasis that is normal. That does not mean nothing is happening. The fermentation gradually slows in secondary to where there are no bubbles in the airlock, or so very few that you have to watch it for maybe 15 minutes straight just to see one.

Primary is aerobic fermentation, secondary is anaerobic - two different animals.

Here's a thought from left field and a rookie. Are you sure the lid is sealed to the bucket, I just had a batch of Apple that I put in a Home Depot bucket and didn't see much from the airlock. I realized the lid did not seal like my wine buckets so I ran a strip of tape around the bucket sealing he lid to the bucket and the lock started bubbling away.

Latest posts

Back