WineXpert Making my first Kit.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fresh juice at Vin Bon. I live in the Niagara region. There's grapes everywhere.

I'm calling you nasty names right now in my mind.. I wouldn't want you to hear it.. (says the guy from alberta where there are no grapes within a thousand kilometers :( )

I I'm surprised you are thinking of making a kit, although you will get an extra 5 bottles.

No, he won't - looking at the price list It appears those juice buckets are 23 litres == 5 Imperial Gallons == 6 USA gallons. Don't forget that mad king George rewarded his loyal subjects in the 1780's with bigger pints for their beer.

phat said:
I'm calling you nasty names right now in my mind.. I wouldn't want you to hear it.. (says the guy from alberta where there are no grapes within a thousand kilometers :( )

You'd be really pissed to find out that's $48 for premium juice. You can get Alicante and the like for $38

Same reason man wanted to go to the moon...because I've never done it before.
Or, so the Commies don't beat me to it. Lol.

Same reason man wanted to go to the moon...because I've never done it before.
Or, so the Commies don't beat me to it. Lol.

Let's see - you can get good juice for 48 bucks a pail.

I make kits - don't get me wrong, I make good wine with them. but where I am it's pretty much the only option - and I have to pay around 90 to 130 bucks usually to get a good kit that's mostly juice concentrate and not just a bag of sugar - and that's what I find it takes to make a good solid red that appeals to my taste in reds.

I can see making a kit if you liked the Orchard Breezin' type panty remover wines, but I'm not sure I'd be trying to make a kit red if I could get good juice and grapes where I am - or at least, not if cost was a factor. I suppose if you've got a good
source for local grapes, find a cheap-o red kit and tweak the heck out of it by adding some real fruit - then it's almost a challenge :)

Sigh.. I'll just imagine you sitting on the 401 in parking lot conditions to console myself.

Back