WineXpert Lodi, old vine Zin

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

I love this obsession
Reaction score
Hey I just bought this and was wondering if anyone has done this kit and if so any suggestions or comments? I will be starting it this weekend.. (I have an empty primary) God forbid.... hehehehe Thanks!

I tried this at my local FOP shop and thought it was really good (although green). I like the Lodi district Estate series Cabernet as well, I think these are both really good quality and perfect companions for a nice steak.

I made this kit ( Estate series, I assume) about a 18 months ago or so. When I last tried it at about 14 months I thought it was still tasting quite young, so I think it is one that takes a while to come into its own. I have read the same comment from others who have made this kit.

Thanks Dugger! 14 months and it was still young... haha well bulk storage for at least a year then. So much for their instructions. I found that to be true with their other kits also.

HI Brian,
I agree w/Dugger. My wife and I opened a split two nights ago that was 15 months old, and it was still very green. We still had almost half the split left 24 hours later, and although the taste was much better- it hollered green. I am glad that Dugger mentioned that this one needs a while to come around, I won't be discouraged!
Mike

Back