JAO question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motomike

Reaction score
Help,

I started a new batch of JAO mead last night, got home tonight to check and it looks like all of the honey has settled out to the bottom. This is a 6 gallon batch I am working on and I have filled the carboy about 7/8th full. Can I stir the honey in? Any suggestions? I probably got in a hurray and didn't mix well enough last night but I don't want to toss this batch.

Did you mix the honey with warm water to help dissolve it??? if not I would stir it up to get a good mix...Good luck.....this makes a nice sweet mead

Honey can be a bit challenging to mix well, just follow Bert's advice and you'll be fine.
VPC

Thanks for the advice. I used my drill mixer last night and it is thoroughly mixed now. Fermentation is vigorous. Now I just have to wait. I entered a bottle that I had bottled in December in this years Kentucky Wine and Vine Festival and it will be judged tomorrow night. I'll let everyone know how it does.

Back