Infusion Spirals

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkcook

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used Oak Infusion Spirals? I found a nice web site offering themwhile searching for barrels:

https://www.thebarrelmill.com/spirals.html.

They offerspirals in both french and American varieties with different toasts. You can request samples and you will receive2 each"FREE" spirals thatwill oak 12 gallons of wine (got my samples a couple of weeks ago). You can break them into smaller pieces for smaller batches. They are supposed to fit in carboys.

Not bad for free.The spirals are pricey to buy ($8.75 (2ea) American;$15.75 (2ea french). The prices are cheaper with largerquantities.

Enjoy!

Masta and I have tried them and found they can over oak a wine very fast. If you try them, be sure to check your wine weekly to avoid having too much oak.

Thanks for the tip!

I checked out the site and requested a sample this morning. Let us know what you think as you try them.

Thanks George,

Not trying to cut into your business, but "FREE" for samples is a good price
smiley36.gif

Maize,

Will do!

I agree. Free Samples are always a good price.

I would like to add that there is always a reason why I carry what I do
smiley2.gif

n00BAlert!!!

When you "check your wine weekly to avoid having too much oak" you umm... taste it?

Smarta** alert!

Have you got a better way to find out if the oak is to your taste?

I don't know LOL maybe check the tannin level
smiley1.gif
. That's what I thought but wasn't sure hehehehehe

I only put a half in 3 gallons of concord and George was right, they impart a heavy oak flavor. I'm glad I only used a half!

Latest posts

Back