If you ever wondered why certain areas in the East grow grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What grapes you grow, where you grow them, and how good of a wine you make are three separate things. I live within a mile of lake erie and thus my area is known for Ice WInes. The farther you get away from the lake (in this region) the less likely you are making ice wine. Does this mean all the ice wine that is made is good? Does this mean everyone should grow with the idea of making ice wine? Location and weather are not everything but they are part of it and knowing your macro climate is an important part of knowing your micro climate.
This is just a friendly forum for people to discuss things and to share. If you don't agree that is your business, if you think you know more, than share in a manner that will help others, not hinder them. anyone can twist anything however they want. If you are here to help, we all appreciate it. I am pretty sure we are all adults here and have little time for negativity or to be talked down to.This is just a forum and we cannot write everything down every time. Someone sharing a weather map is just sharing a weather map.
Share what you know and help out. From the sounds of it you might be a great resource, too bad this is the first posts of yours I can recall reading.

Ok back to the original post here is todays temperature map as of 6 am EST. Just a great example of the warming influences of the Great Lakes, Finger Lakes and coastal Plain. Yes its temperature in degrees F, not wind chill.
Jan01 6am Temperature.png

Eek. This thread is alarming. How in the world did a posting of a weather map veer into strawmen regarding floating boats and flat earth?

Kudos to those who chose to take the high road. That is the kind of effort necessary to keep a forum from devolving into a mess of silly arguments that drown out the tons of useful information and helpful responses.

Darn this map! Northern Kentucky square in the no grape for you zone :-(

Back