If you are from NC you will love this, if you are not well just read this! LOL

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyk

Reaction score
PHONES IN CHURCH ?????

A man in Topeka, Kansas decided to write a book about churches around the country. He started by flying to San Francisco and started working
east from there.

Going to a very large church, he began taking photographs and making notes.

He spotted a golden telephone on the vestibule wall and was intrigued with a sign, which read "Calls: $10,000 a minute.."

Seeking out the preacher he asked about the phone and the sign. The preacher answered that this golden phone is, in fact, a direct line to heaven and if he pays the price he can talk directly to GOD.

The man thanked the preacher and continued on his way. As he continued to visit churches in Seattle, Dallas, St. Louis, Chicago, Milwaukee, and many cities and towns all around the United States, he found more phones, with the same sign, and the same answer from each preacher.

Finally, he arrived in North Carolina, upon entering a church in the beautiful Mountainous region of North Carolina, behold - he saw the usual golden
telephone. But THIS time, the sign read, "Calls: 35 cents"

Fascinated, he asked the preacher, "Preacher, I have been in cities all across the country and in each church I have found this golden telephone and have been told it is a direct line to Heaven and that I could talk to GOD, but in the other churches the cost was $10,000 a minute. Your sign reads only 35 cents a call. Why?"

I love this part ...

The preacher, smiling broadly, replied, "Son, you're in North Carolina now ...You're in God's Country. It's a local call."

American by Birth - North Carolinian by the Grace of God. And why do folks go barefoot in North Carolina: When you're in North Carolina you're on Holy ground! Enjoy Your Day :)

Speaking as a North Carolinian this is an absolute true story.

Back