How do i prune / keep deer away from my Marechal Foch

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaudetheDog

Junior
Reaction score
How do i prune Marechal Foch to accelerate grape production in Northeast USA?

Also, what spray / works best to keep deer away from my Foch vine ?

I wouldn't recommend any spray to keep deer away.

I would recommend some visual and audible alarms. They seem to be doing the trick for me, but obviously area size plays a roll. My vineyard only covers about 1/3 an acre, I have 5 solar powered motion detector alarms placed in certain areas and so far this year damage has been very, very little.

I don't know anything about pruning on the east coast but The second year I planted we had the deer come along and eat all the first shoots from our Foch. The next year we fenced our area in and got a dog. This eliminated the deer from our property.
Also you need to protect from birds... they will destroy Foch long before its ripe.

I wouldn't recommend any spray to keep deer away.

I would recommend some visual and audible alarms. They seem to be doing the trick for me, but obviously area size plays a roll. My vineyard only covers about 1/3 an acre, I have 5 solar powered motion detector alarms placed in certain areas and so far this year damage has been very, very little.
Thanks ... appreciate the response

Back