Hi Y’all

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowgirl

Junior
Reaction score
Hiya, I am cowgirl,,

I am a farmers wife.We live in East Texas and have 3 kiddos and lots of animals.We both work on the farm as well as work off the farm we stay busy.Kiddos are in 4h we raise hogs for the most part ,alot of them,as well as sheep,chickens,rabbits and doves..3 dogs 3 cats.The original garden of eden LOL,and we enjoy every minuteof it.The farm is a big part of our food and we thought it would be interesting and fun for us to make wine for the holidays.We have never done this so please HELP..I will enjoy your forum and I am glad you have one..LOL

YeeeHawww! Welcome to the forum cowgirl! Giddyup!

You are gonna need to read some good winemaking books at your local public library or get some at a good bookstore and read The Winemaking Homepage in it's entirety on the web. Google it. There is no need to start trying to make wine before you have studied and have the process clear in your mind. You will fail, get frustrated, and be disinterested.When you do, get with George andorder a starter and equipment package. I hope this helps.

Hi and welcome aboard.You will be fine at this friendly place!
smiley1.gif

Hi Cowgirl,

I envy your life...I live in Houston and getting ready to move closer to downtown so we might have a few squirrels!! You will love winemaking and the people you will meet here. Welcome!! Where in East Texas, in the Piney Woods?

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Read up & wait till Oct to start. It's to hot in Texas right now & elec. to high to keep the house at 75 deg. Just a Thought.

YEA......I ran up a 350.00 for one month electric bill trying to keep my wine cool.....had to give that up.....wine seems to be fairing well though.

Looking forward to October myself when it will just start to get cooler.... I would love a 60 degree night right now...

Ramona

Welcome Cowgirl. Im in NorthEastern AZ and I too live kinda on a farm. 5 dogs, 1 cat, 4 kids(2 legged), a ram, a ewe and a baby lamb. What kind of sheep do you have?

Oh, and by the way...I am a newbie and I have learned tons here in the forums. Just be patient, read everything, and listen to the pros here.

Welcome Cowgirl and I agree with Hippie in that doing some reading and research on wine making before you begin is best. Once you understand the basic process it will certainly help you get started.

I would suggest starting off with a kit as they are easy and basically foolproof if you can read instructions and have some patience!

Do some reading...buy some equipment and a kit and then GIT-R-DONE!

smiley36.gif

Welcome Cowgirl. I'm not far away (near Shreveport) if you need to borrow anything to get started. Redaing this site is the best thing you can do.

Back