grape and peach wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
all this talk about grape and peach wine gave me the itch!
while in wal-mart I bought 4 of the grape and peach juice
1.98 ea. I think I will do bettter at Sam's
I need a recipe for 1 gal batch
I have 8 gallons perking 6mo to 1 yr. is a long wait
will this grape and peachbe drinkable any sooner
Thanks Bill

I did a one gallon batch a while back and loved the flavor. I only used 1 11,5 ounce can of welches for the recipe. It took a while to clear after the fermenting stopped. It was an early batch in my learning curve and I found that it cleared nicely in the refer. It was history shortly after.It tasted soooo good.I wonder how good it would have been if it aged a bit.
smiley9.gif
Edited by: scotty

scotty said:
I did a one gallon batch a while back and loved the flavor. I only used 1 11,5 ounce can of welches for the recipe. It took a while to clear after the fermenting stopped. It was an early batch in my learning curve and I found that it cleared nicely in the refer. It was history shortly after.It tasted soooo good.I wonder how good it would have been if it aged a bit.
smiley9.gif

Scotty: You are going to have to make a bigger batch next time!

Bill said:
scotty said:
smiley9.gif

Scotty: You are going to have to make a bigger batch next time!

Actually i have 1 gallon of white grape going in the refer to clear now. I believe it will be my last one gallon size. I have a few 3 gallon carboys and the 2 gallon bucket will make a nice mixing vessel.

WOULDNT DO SCOTTY ANY GOOD TO MAKE BIGGER
BATCH SCOTTY WOOD JUST GET A BIGGER GLESS
smiley9.gif
R

R.E.T.

R.E.T. said:
WOULDNT DO SCOTTY ANY GOOD TO MAKE BIGGER
BATCH SCOTTY WOOD JUST GET A BIGGER GLESS
smiley9.gif
R

R.E.T.

HEY!!!!! quit being so realistic
smiley36.gif

Hey Scotty
Now that you are retired you have plenty time to makee wine. iI retires 4 years ago and make wine ,soaps, jellys And am remodeling the house. I started with 1 gallon and now have 4 full 5 gallon carboys and 6 empty with a freezer full of fruit and berrys. It's a very addicting fun hobby & I cant even drink it, I am diabetic
smiley19.gif
but it is fun making it for my kids and grandkids. So you have fun and make lots of wine Florida has plenty of fruits for you to use.

Harry

Harry said:
Hey Scotty
Now that you are retired you have plenty time to makee wine. iI retires 4 years ago and make wine ,soaps, jellys And am remodeling the house. I started with 1 gallon and now have 4 full 5 gallon carboys and 6 empty with a freezer full of fruit and berrys. It's a very addicting fun hobby & I cant even drink it, I am diabetic
smiley19.gif
but it is fun making it for my kids and grandkids. So you have fun and make lots of wine Florida has plenty of fruits for you to use.

Harry
I give most of it away also. I converted a bedroom into the wine room
smiley3.gif

Im a motorcycly lover and spend lots of time messing with the small stable that I keep.))4 motorcycles and a helix scooter)

I have a commercial meat grinder that i grind my own chopmeat with. I also am set up to make sausage.
I just started collecting ingredients and knowledge for cheese making.

One other thing im fooling with is makingmy own cleaners-window washer-- insect traps and bleach.
Do you live in in florida

SCOTTY
YOU GOT TO HAVE THIS BOOK
GREAT SAUSAGE RECIPES AND MEAT CURING
BY RYTEK KUTAS
VERY GOOD BOOK I USE IT A LOT
R.E.T.

R.E.T. said:
SCOTTY
YOU GOT TO HAVE THIS BOOK
GREAT SAUSAGE RECIPES AND MEAT CURING
BY RYTEK KUTAS