Gewurztraminer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron22

Reaction score
I am thinking of making a Gewurztraminer wine using Alexander's Sun Country Concentrates from Midwest gewurztraminer
From the review there is a comment that it makes a good 1 Gallon batch.
My plan was Adding Sugar to get 1.090, water for just over 1 Gallon, 1tsp Yeast Nutrient and leaving the acid alone.
I am debating between QA-23 and 71b-1122 yeast.
Any choice on these yeast or a better yeast to use. I would prefer one from Midwest since I am local to it.
Any other sugestions or comments?

My question is WHY only one gallon.
It's alot of work for 4 bottles.
I reccomend a kit

All I can say is that I hope it turns out terrible for you........... cuz' if it turns out great, you'll be kicking yourself because you only have 4 more bottles before it's gone.
duh.gif

All I can say is that I hope it turns out terrible for you........... cuz' if it turns out great, you'll be kicking yourself because you only have 4 more bottles before it's gone.
duh.gif

No I need one batch of something to turn out great then I will say yes I like this and will go buy 5 gal stuff.
But right now all I have is 1 gal batch of apple aging and 1 gal of pumpkin that I think will get dumped.

Latest posts

Back