FREE COLOR LASER PRINTER

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appleman - Your son on the Geek Squad should check out the opportunities with the Federal Government.. They are desperate for IT people. I started a year ago as a contractor to the Navy (probably at 2 to 3x what your son makes on the Geek Squad), and am now in the process of converting to a GS gov't employee, at 55 - 70% more than I am making now.

If he is willing to relocate, and might want to go overseas for a few years, the opportunities are immense. Getting hired by the Feds is a long and painful process (the group I work for advised me of their intent to convert my position from contractor to GS late last year), but once in you get preferred consideration for other jobs and locations. If he could add a CISSP certification to his minor in networking he could get a job with the Navy under the DON2210-H (Internet Security) cert at a minimum of GS-11 (starting pay $52,912 minimum). How would he like to work in Naples, Italy or Rota, Spain for a few years?

BTW - my best friend at work does something similar to what you do, but not with homes. His specialty is the design and construction supervision of black Southern Baptist Churches, and he is one of the most respected in the area. He started when he designed a new church for his own congregation. He took it to a RA firm to be certified, and has been working with them for over 20 years now. He draws the plans and does the estimate, they do the mechanicals, and if the project is approved, he does the inspections and approves the contractor's draws. I think he makes almost as much at that as he does at his job. He'll probably retire soon - he will be eligible in two years (at 57) and just do that full time.

I'll pass that along to him PeterZ. I would like to see him in a position like that soon. He just doesn't make enough money right now. He started programming when he was 5 or so for th Commodore and by his sophomore year in high scholl he did an advanced placement class teaching the school's programming teacher how to program in C. He got back from Milwaukee last summer after being there two years setting up networks. I think he is just chilling out for a while- I hope!He worked for me summers while in school and knows computers inside and beyond.

I had some construction experience, engineering interest and have worked with computers half my life so the drafting came natural. It pays a lot better nowdays than general computer work does. If I was to relocate, I'm sure I could make a lot more, but I'm having fun now with everything. I do about 25-40 houses a year. I got started doing it like you. I did my own house up and took it to the firm for stamping. They were impressed with my work and encoraged me to pursue it- so I did- and did I say I love it?
smiley4.gif

Hmmmmm lets see now.......What else doI have that I can offer that will garner such a diverse thread.
smiley36.gif

smiley1.gif

Hey all - have you tried the toner refill kits? here is a website
and they guarantee their products. www.tonerrefillkits.com.
I have used others in the past and they seem to work fine. This
is just FYI. Wadda ya think?

rrawhide

rrawhide,

Thanks for that, I'm looking into that site and might give it a try said they have been in business for 16 years. I have some wine to bottle but I want to be able to label them too but not for over 200.00 to replace the used toner.

Ramona

COPY!!! Hope it works for you.

Have some to bottle too but just not ready yet - darn - have to keep
drinking commercial !!!!!! Did get some 2 BUCK CHUCK from Trader
Joe's - of course just for the bottles!!!! hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
cab, metlot, sav blanc and chard.

rrawhide

$2 Buck Chuck is $3 up is these here parts...it is drinkable....Have friends pick some up when they go near the stores....The Merlot makes great grape wine jelly....and it isn't all that bad!!!

Latest posts

Back