First Time Steam Juicer!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When my mom use steam juicer she steams fruit for about 60 min. in the same time she cleans the jars with hot water and put lids in hot water. Then fill up the jar with hot juice and seal them. With the temp going down the pressure inside the jar sucks in the top of the lid what shows that the jar is hermetic.

How is the wine made from the juice from steam juicer? I heard that steam juicer is not good for wine making. Sure you can use it but the quality of wine is worse than when you squeeze the fruit.

Simple. If making a 6 gal batch I use 4-4 1/2 gal of juice add water and sugar will be about 6 gal. Add ather ingreadients as normal
Sigar to 1.085
Pectic
Nutrient
TA test
etc...

I do it all the time.
best part of the juicer is that you can make fruit wine on your time not what you get the fruit. Freeze 1st then steam. I would put the jars in a toaster oven @ 350-400* for 20 min and avoid the "hot" water U suggest.

I have a steam juicer similar to Tom's. The instructions that came with it listed steam-time for Strawberries at 30 minutes.

I've taken the leftover pulp and put it through a Victorio strainer to get more of the juice out of the pulp, but after doing that a few times, it wasn't worth the effort. In 30 minutes, you get most of the goodness out of Strawberries.

I have a steam juicer similar to Tom's. The instructions that came with it listed steam-time for Strawberries at 30 minutes.

I've taken the leftover pulp and put it through a Victorio strainer to get more of the juice out of the pulp, but after doing that a few times, it wasn't worth the effort. In 30 minutes, you get most of the goodness out of Strawberries.

Agreed. 30-40 min is all you need because they are mostly water.

Latest posts

Back