Other Favorite Merlot?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broge5

Reaction score
I'm looking to add a merlot to the line up. My first thoughts are a premium kit CC SC Washington Merlot or WE Eclipse Stags Leap Merlot.

I am going thru lots of varietal kits first to try to learn the characteristics of each. So, for now, I'm not looking for blends.

Anyone with a Merlot they enjoyed, please throw in your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

WE Stags Leap Merlot
I'm making it again because were almost out. My wife is hoarding the last bottles.

That makes two votes for WE Eclipse Stag's Leap District Merlot. I think I've had to make it three times already, and I finally have a case over one year old!

I've got a Winery Series Merlot and a WE Stags Leap Merlot. The Winery Series Merlot is great but I will make the WE Stags Leap Merlot again. :r

So far, I believe I'm leaning toward the stags leap.

I have read somewhere in the past that the celler craft kits tend to be a little more fruit forward to some the others. I do like fruit forward and I like dry. Has anyone tried the celler craft showcase Washington Merlot?

Except for that the Wine Expert Eclips stags leap is the front runner for me

I too recommend the Stag's Leap. I made the Stag's Leap for the 2nd time in Jan 2013. I have about 12 bottles left that I'm trying to hoard. It's a great wine. My favorite Merlot, and one of my favorite reds.

Latest posts

Back