Fate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWMINNESOTA

Reaction score
Don't know how many of you see the news, here in MN, in Minneapolis, a bridge collapsed today, 35W over the Mississippi river.... it really hit home, I drove over that bridge yesterday when I picked up my wife and son up from the airport returning from a trip to Phoenix. Wasn't my time to go, thanks for another day.

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=6f7854c3-ec3e-4f91-8191-4c7b9390b7b2&t=s3&f=06/64&p=top_topnews&fg=&gt1=10252http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=6...06/64&p=top_topnews&fg=&gt1=10252Edited by: JWMINNESOTA

Please pray for those affected by this tragedy and give thanks for getting home safely.

Part of my old stopping grounds. Like JW, I wonder how many times I drove over that bridge. How suddenly the sweetness of life can be pulled out from you.

I used to grump at Poor Bert when he'd always tell me as I left for work to drive safely. Then I realized it was just another way to say I love you.

Never pass up an opportunity to tell those you care for how much you love them as that may be your last opportunity to do so.

When I saw that on the news last night I thought of you all from MN and was wondering if you live near or drove over it and my heart kind of sunk. I'm glad you are safe and feel so bad for the others in this tragedy.

It brought back memories of the Silver Bridge collapse in W.Va. a few days before Christmas in 1967. That really effected me and I was about 16 then. If you all saw the movie The Mothman Prophecies it was based on the legend of the mysterious eventsthat happened in Point Pleasant, W.Va.around the time of the bridge collapse.

Ramona

Edited by: rgecaprock

Nothing but prayers for all concerned with this tragety....

We take too many things for granted.....everytime we meet a car we are 6 feet from death...crossing a bridge seems like something most of us do everyday without a thought.

Cross your bridges safely....leave your loved ones with love in your hearts....every day is a gift...the present!!!

Bridges can be scary, but then a lot of things do. We need to give thanks that we make it through every day unscathed. There is one bridge not to far from here that I absolutely hate to cross. They re made it about 10 years ago. There used to be a big dip in the road at the existing bridge orver a gorge at a river. The flattened it out and now the bridge is on little columns about 400 feet in the air going over the river below. It is only a two lane highway so it is narrow , tilts one way for a curve in the road and absolutely freaks me out crossing it. To make matters worse it is near the Potsdam Fault area where small earthquakes aren't uncommon. I don't want to be on that one when about a 6.5 earthquake hits!

As I have said for years...."There is absolutely, positively, no substitute for dumb luck..... or for the Good Lord taking care of us."

Glad to hear you are safe and pray that the don't find any more bodies.

He has a plan for all of us... Our prayers our with those who lost their lives as well as their Families......
smiley19.gif

Here is an little update and how fate does affect people you know.

Our neighbors uncle married a lady...her son was one of the construction workers on the bridge when it collapsed...he is one of the two people still missing.

Years ago her first husband died while they were on vacation in Norway...she had his body shipped home....and life went on.

Years passed and she married her neighbor [our neighbors Uncle John] a couple years ago he died while they were at their winter home in Texas...she had the body shipped home...and life went on.

Now...she waits for another body....Such a tragic life for poor Dorothy.Edited by: Northern Winos

Our friends/neighbors went to a funeral this morning....His aunts son was finally found in the water under the collapsed bridge....He was the construction worker who was missing...he was in the cage on the machine he was running on the bridge.....Horrible way to die .....another closer for his mother who has lost 2 husbands and now a son.

So it goes.

Latest posts

Back