WineXpert Estate vs Original

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trubador

Reaction score
What makes the Estate series so much better than the original series? Is it the one extra liter of juice? Are the grapes that much better quality than the grapes used in the original series?

There is a substantial price increase between the two series and in fact the price is the same as the Mosti all juice kits. So if it is the extra juice that makes it better, I would think the Mosti kit would far surpass the Estate kit.

I have no idea on any of this, and is why I am asking.

Typically the Estate Series Kits contain juice and concentrates from specific varietals, grape growingregions or like in the case of the new Shiraz just released from a single vineyard. The Selection Series tend to be more of ablend from many different sources and as many names of the kits suggest a style not necessarily a particular varietal.

More info can be found in Winexpert's website: http://www.winexpert.com/

I believe all the Estate Series and Selection Series are 16L except for the Crushendo kits which are 18L.

This being said it really is a personal preference whether or not the Estate kits are worth the extra money since much of making and or drinking winedepends on the individual person's tastes.

Bottom Line: A larger kit or all juice doesn't always make a better wine but I have found that most of the time the more you spend on the ingredients the better the final product will be as with food and pretty much everything else in life!Edited by: masta

Latest posts

Back