Does anyone on this board..........

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobe05

Reaction score
Live in or near North Carolina that may be in need of some bottles? I get any where from 2 to 10 cases a week of bottles from a local winery that does a lot of wine tastings on the weekends. They save me all their bottles. I don't want to stop going there and give up a good thing, but I'm accumilating way to many bottles. I have about 15 cases of nice, dark brown bottles, punted bottoms that are looking for a good home. Some still have labels on them, most have been cleaned and sanitized once (I do it at least twice before use). But all have been thoroughly rinsed and get three squirts each of sanitizer then tipped upside down in their boxes.

FREE FOR THE TAKING!

No but maybe I'll move ther if you get that many for free.
smiley36.gif

Hi from Georgia,
I would like to have some bottles, if you still have some available.
Let me know and we can work something out.
Steve Bowen

I am also in Georgia (recently of Missouri) and would be interested in some bottles. I haven't started making wine yet, but intend to within the next year or so. I'm currently trying to find a way to finance a new hobby. This is my first post, but I've been lurking a while. PM me about the bottles. I've been looking for a good excuse to get to NC for a weekend.

Patrick

Hey Patrick and welcome to the forum. I think Fetch has all the extras that I have spoken for at the moment, but keep in touch, I pick them up weekly. Today I went and picked up another 12 cases of mixed bottles, so that should tell ya how fast they multiply in my garage, laundry room and family room. As a matter of fact, when I dropped off the 12 cases in my garage this morning, I found about 5 cases that I didn't even know I had, unfortunately I never rinsed them (which I thought I always did), and they were rather crusted up on the inside. Those I will toss, I never use a bottle that had mold in it, NEVER!

I'll PM you once my stockpile gets back up there. Where in Georgia are you. I told fetch that I have an Aunt who lives in Augusta, and I like going down and seeing here every couple of months, maybe we can all get together one of those times.........

Thanks for keeping me in mind. I'm not in a hurry to get bottles, so it isn't a big deal. I just figure that the more stuff I have on hand when I finally start making wine in the (hopefully near) future, the less I'll have to worry about. I'm also all for recycling. I can't stand to see recyclables thrown into the trash. Anyway, I'm in the Athens area. While I don't yet have wine to share, I'd be interested in meeting like-minded people.Edited by: PatrickRB

Latest posts

Back