Does anyone ever have enough space

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
20061105_120547_Assortment.jpg

The six in front are the newbies, the Orange Strawberry Banana, and the Welche's Concord melomel which I just racked.

Edited by: wadewade

20061105_120917_Couch.jpg

I think I need a bigger house or less wine, no just a bigger house. So
far this year and I only started in late June I have 61 gallons total.

Cool pics Wade.....Glad to see the picture loading is working for you and wish I could take credit for it! Sometimes I guess it is better not to try and figure out why these dang computers do what they do and just roll with it.

I can really relate to the need for a bigger house as 2/3 of my whole basement is dedicated to winemaking and storage.

Wadewade...interesting shelf application on the sofa...
smiley3.gif
...guess we all have to do what ever it takes.
You sure have a lot of nice looking wine going there...you also have been getting many nice bottles....with 61 gallons [and counting] you are going to need many bottles...
You have inspired me to try to make some gallon batches...have never done that. Guess as long as you keep notes and it turns out good you can always make a larger batch if you like it...
smiley4.gif

Also...sooner or later you are going to have to make some labels...I followed the suggestions of Martina an PWP's [as well as others] I just print on plain printer paper...cut with my paper 'guillotine' and use Elmer's glue stick...works great and no hassles washing off another label.Edited by: Northern Winos

You know I never thought of using plain paper. To bad I just noticed my
kids used up all the plain paper doing doodles. Just cant win. Off to
the store to get some printing paper. Uggg!

wadewade said:
You know I never thought of using plain paper. To bad I just noticed my
kids used up all the plain paper doing doodles. Just cant win. Off to
the store to get some printing paper. Uggg!

If you take your empty ink cartridges....[if you use those] to Office Max...Staples...etc...they will give you a FREE ream of 500 sheets of paper....Free IS GOOD!!!!

I did not know that. I do save them because they do give me $3 off a
printer cartridge but will check out the paper as I frequent Staples
and have the rewards card.

So, Wade, how come your place looks so neat? Wish my area was so nice. I use the workbench across from the washer and dryer, plus the sink, washer and dryer for racking and bottling. The bench has room for 6 carboys and I have the 30-gallon barrel at the end, beside the water heater. Will get my pictures up here soon.

I admire your neat variety. You are, like me, going to have some lovely flavors to experiment with - but you have, quite obviously, more than I have. Great job, and great use of existing space.

This year I've done 90 gallons of wild blackberry, 18 gal of cultivated blackberry, 30 gal of cherry, 18 gal of plum, 22 gal of grape and 6 gallons of Grapefruit/Phillipine Mango. I'm in process of "oaking" (in my barrel) 43 litres of the blackberry and the 17th of this month I'll bottle that and start my "oaking" of my 2006 Port project (down to 9 bottles of my 2001 Port left).

Keep up the great work and report often on your varieties and how they turn out. And yes, plain paper for labels with a glue-stick works wonders. I output my labels, 8-up, to the local printer and take them to the color laser printer ($0.32 page, 8 up) for printing. This brings my cost per label down to about 5 cents each (commercial labels run $0.25 to $0.30 each and mine look much better).Edited by: windy0062

Thats alot of wine there. Youre very busy. Ive only done 61 gallons this tear(so far)!

Wow, I thought I was kicking it with about 40 gal??? I do many 1 gal batches though.... Windy, how is the philippean Mango??? I use to live in the PI, so I have eaten many mango's in my life.....

The Grapefruit (Texas ruby red) and Philippine (yellow) mango comes out a very "tasty tart" and, in spite of the high alcohol, tastes more like a "breakfast fruit drink" than a wine! I made some early spring (April) of 2005 and made the second batch in February of 2006.

This will be my last for a while as my sweetie doesn't drink white wines all that often, nor do I. And, with 90 gallons of Blackberry this year, 23 of them to be "oaked", we will get to drink "red" wine all year! Later on I'll add 12 gallons of Merlot, which will help leave some of this year's blackberry for next year, too. Windy

Latest posts

Back