Did heat gun for PVC capsules ruin my wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wade, never heard back from you on K meta addition advice. Your just the guy I need to ask. See above. Thanks.

Thanks Wild Bill. What did you do? Did you redo the whole thing, pitch it, or drink it? Thanks.

I drank it of course! :dg: I noticed floaters in the first 5 bottles and figured it had something to do with the heat gun since they weren't there before the shrink top went on.

If only adding the 1/4 tsp after fermentation was done then you definitely want to add another 1/4 tsp per 6 gallons now. If you bulk aged this wine and added more sulfites while aging then Id probably go with a little under that unless you are planning on pouring each bottle out. Racking each bottle would be a much gentler way to go.

Thanks Wade. I will follow accordingly. Wild Bill, I drank one.of my 'problem' bottles and I noticed no diff due to my error. It actually was quite good. Between the wine diamond fallout and the floaties I went with a coffee.filter into a decanter to make it appearance acceptable. I'm gonna make a move.to try and get these clean though and rebottle.

Latest posts

Back