Degassing; have I lost my marbles?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waldo said:
I have found the most effective method of degassing my wines is by drinking them !!!
smiley4.gif

smiley36.gif
Im with you on that one, untill we do start building rockets...
smiley36.gif

This is what has been working for me:

1-During the "stir" phase of the kit- I stir for 2 minutes forward and 2 minutes reverse before adding anything. I stir again as described after each addition. When all is added and the last stir complete, I vacu-vin the whole carboy for about 20 minutes or so, then I let it sit until bottling time.

2- At bottling time, I fill each bottle up and line them up in order they were filled. When all bottles are full, I start at bottle #1 and vacu-vin the bottle. When the last bottle is vacuumed, I start corking with bottle number 1.

I think I started this after kit #18 and I am currently on kit #27. I have found this method to produce very still wine without driving myself crazy.

I hope this helps.

While looking at your avitar, I was thinking that maybe Tinkerbell is trying to tell you that you could just drop her into your carboy and she could stir for you!
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back