Daytona 500

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off I really am not into sports. I like to cheer for the local team first and then the under dog. But watching the opening of the Daytona 500 just now it seems like Nascar has a lot more class when it comes to entertainers compared to the Super Bowl. I thought the entertainment and people that sung the National Anthem were disgusting in the Super Bowl (the advertisements were good though). Just an observation. :a1

Oh Yeah, there is no way in Heck that I will sit here and watch cars go around in a circle 500 times!

well I'm just redneck/hick enough to enjoy it fully LOL

Its hard to beat the class of Larry the Cable Guy! :)

Who were the "entertainers" ?

I have a hard time watching things just go round in circles for hours on end.....

"And here comes yet another left turn folks"........ :d

Its hard to beat the class of Larry the Cable Guy! :)

Who were the "entertainers" ?

I have a hard time watching things just go round in circles for hours on end.....

"And here comes yet another left turn folks"........ :d

LOL..Sir's will have to answer that. I was watching and even though I don't listen to country this guy was pretty good. I was cooking at the same time.

I love Larry and saw a bit of him this week as he toured America. He was out with the moonshiners. I swear one of them looked familier (Sirs).:d

LOL I never pay much attention to pre-race stuff I watch the race sorry can't help you much on who they were. Oh and Dan if the shiners were from Tn. or northern Georgia they may have been kin, could be why the resemblance.You know what they say all us mountain folk are related in one way or another.

I don't sit and watch diligently but have it on while doing other stuff. Today it was putting together 6 gals of cranberry wine. Thank god I bought a fruit press after the tip I got from this forum. Another great reason for being a member, saved some money on that. Now I am going to build a shelving unit to keep my empty bottle cases and gallon jugs of skeeter pee off the concrete floor so I have the room under my bulk storage bench for empty carboys, sugar, lemon juice, & equipment. The room required keeps growing for this hobby, yeah! Next up is another wine rack. I know, I shouldn't have empty carboys and soon I will start another batch of pee so another one will be used. It's off season for me so time to add to the 6 gallons of pee I have now. The warm weather will be here soon.

Dan, the track is 2 and 1/2 miles in circumfrance so you wouldn't have to watch them go around 500 times.:)

You beat me to it :p

On a separate note... a nearby bowling alley gives a deal... It's only .50 per game if you wear your Nascar shirts on Saturday mornings! LMAO

Never get those NASCAR fans mad at you. They may just hop in their home and come track you down:tz:)

Latest posts

Back