Mosti Mondiale Damaged Meglioli Barolo Kit??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cocroach

Reaction score
My long-awaited Meglioli kit arrived by mail cross-country. When I opened the packing box it came in there was a bit (maybe a teaspoon or so) of sticky juice in the inside of the packing box. The box of the kit was cut open on one side and the plastic bag was bulging out. (The seller said he tried to squeeze the All-Grape pack in, but couldn't). The bag is very full and I can't pin-point any leaks, but there is a slight bit of wet juice around the bag and on the ingredient packs. In addition, along the seam of the bag, there is some weird substance that I can only describe as what looks like a combination greenish-white mold and bird poop. Not sure if this is bentonite??

I called the seller and also sent pictures of the kit and asked if I could either get a replacement or have my money refunded. He seemed reluctant to do either.

The seller told me that sometimes when the manufacturer fills these bags, they end up getting juice on the bag. However, I have made a few kits from other manufacturers and have never come across this issue before. He said to go ahead and make the kit and keep him posted on its progress. If its brown then it has oxidized and he would give me my money back. It's looks red right now in the bag. The bag is quite full, but there is space for air in side - aren't these supposed to come vacuum-sealed?

Should I even bother making this? Has anyone received their MM kits in a similar condition?? This is my first MM kit.

Call Mosti and report the issue. I get mine from FIne Vine Wines and they always ship the grape pack in a seperate box. I have often wished they would combine but am now glad they dont. No way that grape pack will fit in with the 23ltrs of juice. For the price of the Meglioli kits we can expect and demand better customer service.

Thanks Tony. I got this from 5Gallons.com. I was a bit surprised by the sellers response. Just thought I'd check for any opinions/experience with these kits on here.

Latest posts

Back