corkers cappers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to do different kinds of bottles at the same time, is adjusting
the bottle height a problem with the Italian one? Is there a high
quality hand corker that doesn't take so much storage space?

No adjustment needed for the floor corker as the plate where the bottles sits is spring loaded and adjusts by itself. Edited by: masta

Stinkie, I think most good corkers are gonna have a fairly large footprint. I sometimes cork alot of different types of bottles at one session and all that is required is to adjust the cork depth now and then which is only turning a 'bumpstop' type of mechanism on top.

You know you want it. Get it.

smiley15.gif

On this cork thing where should a cork set, level with the top of the bottle a 1/16 or more below the lip or a little above?
smiley5.gif

I to started with a hand corker and not always happy with the job it did. I up graded to a floor corker, what a world of difference in the ease of corking bottles...

Having the right tools for the job is the way to go and besides whoever dies with the most wine toys wins!
smiley32.gif

Thanks there CW haven't used this hand corker yet guess I better practice on a couple with H2o before doing my wine.

Corked a few empty bottles to try out my new Italian floor corker today, nice when you have good equiptment!!!

Question to those that have the Italian Floor Corker. Does your have caps or plugs for the feet? Mine don't and didn't know if it was supposed to have them or not. I just thought it would as to protect the floor such as linoleum floors.

I do have to say, it works great though. I have never tried any of the hand models and don't plan on it. I had a few empties around as well as a few old corks. It popped them right in with zero effort. I am going to like this machine!

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

I picked up caps for the feet at the hardware store....just to save on the floor.
smiley1.gif

Wine making more than just a hobby.

Bert said:
I picked up caps for the feet at the hardware store....just to save on the floor.
smiley1.gif

Wine making more than just a hobby.

So yours didn't have them either? I was just wondering if they were missing or just not included.

Thanks

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

I just looked at my new Italian floor corker and it doesn't have feet,
I hadn't noticed, probably cause I have a dirt floor in my kitchen.

Latest posts

Back