Coffee Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jahaca

Junior
Reaction score
My husband is trying to make coffee wine. He found a recipe using instant coffee but it is foaming like crazy. We suspect that the reason is the foaming agents that is in most instant coffee.

Has anyone had experience in making coffee wine? Would it be better to use brewed coffee?

Any help would be usefull.

The only recipe I have seen for Coffee wine uses instant coffee. As to the foaming, could be a lot of things and it could be just the way coffee reacts. Some of my wines foam all the way up to the lid, some don't.

Do you know how much sugar you used and which type of yeast. Some yeast produce more foam than others.Edited by: geocorn

I tasted a coffee wine awhile back that had a "roasted Macadamia nut" flavor to it. I was told that the winemaker had used a Columbia & Kona blend of instant coffee and added the roasted nuts and flavored macadamia syrup in the final racking for aging. It was "awesome" but I'm not use to drinking "cold" coffee if you know what I mean...

Back