Mosti Mondiale Clarifying Mosti Renaissance Chardonnay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quntumleap

Junior
Reaction score
I am bulk aging my Renaissance Chardonnay. Both primary and secondary fermentation went great. I added sulfite and racked to carboy for aging. I now have a very very clear wine with a light layer of white sediment on the bottom. I plan to age two months more and then bottle. This is my first Mosti kit and I was wondering, when I get ready to add the extra sulfite, sorbate and clarifiers, do I rack off the sediment or do I just stir it up and let it settle again? I know the liquigel and siligel do not need a lot of solids but based on the looks of my carboy the wine is very clear with no visible particles.

Thanks

JOHN

Two trains of thought here. If you are SURE it is ABSOLUTELY clear, you could rack into a clean carboy, add the k-meta and sorbate and not add the clarifiers. This would leave the little sediment behind and if you are bulk aging even if there is a bit more, it will drop out and be sparkling clear.

The second thought is quite common. You THINK it is clear and don't add the clarifiers and bottle right away. Then you are dissapointed when it drops some more sediment in the finished bottles.

If you plan to bulk age a minimum 2 months, you could probably not add the clarifiers at all. When I age my home made grape wines close to a year, I don't use clarifiers at all.

Back