Chilean Wine Juice in Upstate NY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dave for the reply. If not this year than next year, but I would still like to find a supplier for fresh Chilean juice somewhere in this area (near Rochester NY). Thanks in advance for any leads.

Mayer's cider mill in Webster NY has has Chilean juice in the past, along with California and Argentina. If you buy local juice, go as soon as they press it because they store it outside otherwise and sulfer the pss out of it.

Randall Standish Vineyards in Canandaguia is a better supplier for fresh, nice cooler set up. They know how to take of fresh juice. Great folks, good selection.

Thanks Redboat, but I did get some of the juice from Myers last fall and obviously it is reconstituted and not fresh. I think that it is a blend of Chile, Argentina and CA. I was hoping to find someone who sells fresh Chilean juice that has it available around this time of the year (Chilean season). RS is a great supplier of local juice, as you said. So is Fulkerson. So...is the boat in the water yet?

Hey Boat, sorry I'm chiming in a little late, I havn't had a chance to log in lately. Sorry its a little too late to order Chilean juice in central NY, most of the pails are arriving this weekend. I'm picking up my pails this Friday. I don't know of anyone in Syracuse who take orders for Chilean juice pails but there is a guy in Oneida who does. Google "Bottom of the Barrel" and get in touch with him after 5pm. He usually has a pail of two left over. But don't be disheartened, in just 3-4 more months and you can start ordering California pails. Contact Russo's Produce in the Syracuse Regional Market (they have a web page) you do need to call them to be put on their contact list for grape juice.

Joe, thanks for the info. I will followup. As you said, if not now,then there's always next season. Do either of these places import grapes (from either Chile or CA) in addition to pails?

Joe, thanks for the info. I will followup. As you said, if not now,then there's always next season. Do either of these places import grapes (from either Chile or CA) in addition to pails?

Yes both of them. Bottom of the Barrel also gets grapes from Italy.

Well I got my buckets, Chardonnay 1.09 malbec 1.083 and bubbling.... My fault couldn't keep refridgerated for 24 hours prior to my own innoculating. Added Yeast nutrient and my own yeast anyways after 24 hours, do you think my Malbec will be ok?

U R OK did you add yeast when the temp is 70*?
If you have nutrient add some
What yeast did you use?

Tom good to here from someone more experienced that I'll probably be ok. I didn't measure temp of the juice, but it was in the upper 70's in my house and the juice had sat in that temp range for 24 hours. I used Vinters harvest R 56 for the Malbec and Vinters Harvest CL 23 for the chardonnay. I added 6 tsp's of yeast nutrient to each and a sprinkle of yeast energizer. I'm gonna crack the lids and check for fermenation in a couple hours when I get back to the house. This is my first juice purchase and I have to say, I was impressed with the thickness and sweetness of the juice. I have bought american oak for both and will add once I switch out of the primary.

I suggest to just lay the lid on top untill gravity is 1.030. The yeast likes O2 in the begining.

I need some help.

I was going to get some pails from Mayer's Cider mill. I bugged the owner for a price list over a month ago with no success. Today the website is down (not a good sign ). So does anyone know of suppliers in Upstate NY (Buffalo, Rochester or Syracuse ).

Thanks in advance.

OMG, I looked everywhere to find Chilean wine juice near Albany NY, posted on this board and winepress, with no luck. Looked on the internet for 4 hours one night no luck. Called my local home brew shops no luck. Walked into my italian corner store today, 4 blocks from my house,,,, Bingo!!!! Gabriel's market in Rotterdam NY, all buckets $50-58, taking orders til 4/1, delivery late april.

Dave,

I just wanted to follow up on your post and see how you liked the buckets that came from Gabriel's? I've put in an order for 5 buckets myself for this 2014 season.

Back