Cellar Craft Cellar Craft International Anyone Made Ki

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mharris335

Reaction score
I saw wine from Washington that they had from Red Mountian. Anyone made a kit from them before?

I have a Cellar Craft Washington State Merlot that is bulk aging right now and while I've only had an occasional sip -- not even a glass -- I'm pretty pleased and think it will be great. This is a grape pack kit. It may not be the same kit you're referencing. From what I've heard from friends who've made Cellar Craft grape pack kits, they're VERY pleased.

I've made the Cellar Craft Amarone, it's wonderfull at 10 months. I started the Red Mountain Cabernet last Sunday, 16 liters of juice/concentrate and a big grape pack. It all came to within 1 1/2 - 2inches of the top of my 7.9 gallon fermentor,I havethe lid sealed, with an airlock on this one. Cellar Craft grape pack kits get raves on other wine forums, I wish George would stock them. They are less than the WE Crushendos and at least as good, if not better, depending on who you talk to.
Dave

Dave: Someday I need to send a bottle of my Amarone (CC kit) to you. It's been about a year now since it's been bottled and I have never liked it. It has a vinegar taste to it like it oxidized somewhere in the proccess, but I wasvery carefull so I know that wasn't the problem, or perhaps it's just the way Italian wines taste, I don't know. Having never made an Amarone, I have nothing to gauge it to.

jobe, would love to trade a bottle with you for comparison, unfortunately I live in Ky, illegal to ship wine in or out. My Amarone has a raisney taste, could that be what your tasting?
DaveEdited by: DaveB50

Latest posts

Back