Cellar Craft CC Showcase South African Shiraz - I now expect good things...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phat

Phacilitator of Basement Phermentation.
Reaction score
Secondaried this a bit back, and just racked it off. degassing now, but took a little out of the thief..

So I bought a few bottles of the canadian equivalent of two buck chuck for carboy toppers.... Jackson Triggs Cab-Shiraz (If you're in the south, and have tasted this understand that Jackson Triggs and Justin Bieber are things we Canadians export to people we might want to laugh secretly at - apologies) at $5.48 a bottle..

the kit even at this stage is a actually a nicer drink than the topper wine. (and to be fair, the Jackson Triggs was not as bad as I expected...) Both are a bit green, but there's an awful lot more there in thre CC kit wine. I expect after it sits a while I'll be very good.

Last edited:
Secondaried this a bit back, and just racked it off. degassing now, but took a little out of the thief..

So I bought a few bottles of the canadian equivalent of two buck chuck for carboy toppers.... Jackson Triggs Cab-Shiraz (If you're in the south, and have tasted this understand that Jackson Triggs and Justin Bieber are things we Canadians export to people we might want to laugh secretly at - apologies) at $5.48 a bottle..

the kit even at this stage is a actually a nicer drink than the topper wine. (and to be fair, the Jackson Triggs was not as bad as I expected...) Both are a bit green, but there's an awful lot more there in thre CC kit wine. I expect after it sits a while I'll be very good.

Yep, green, young red wines can be a bit tart. It is good you can "taste passed" the tartness and recognize the potential of the wine. Some people just taste tartness and noting else.

Let it age out for how ever long the kit says. Don't be surprised if it takes a little longer to fully develop. I like to save back a few bottles for a couple additional years, then taste. One can be pleasantly surprised at how well a kit wine can eventually develop, if given the time.

Back