Cellar Craft CC Limited Release Uruguay Tannat

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJMehr

Reaction score
Just got a call today from my wine dealer that my 2010 Cellar Craft Limited Release Uruguay Tannat will be in this Friday. I can hardly wait until I pick up the kit. Of all the 2010 limited editions from any of the wine kit makers, the </span>Uruguay Tannat </span>was the one kit that I got very excited about.

My wife and I discovered the </span>Uruguay Tannat wines several years ago when she was looking to buy a special red wine for her brother. We never even knew that </span>Uruguay had a wine industry but they do and it is over 250 years old. That kind of makes Napa Valley look like a new kid on the block when it comes to the wine world.

We were at one of those wine bars where you purchase a special encoded card and can get 2,4 or 6 ounces of wine at the push of a button. They had over 20 red wines ranging from $10 to $250 per bottle. We must have sampled (2 oz. sips) at least 12 of the red wines. We kept coming back to the </span>Uruguay Tannat. It really was the best of all the wines we sampled.

So, I have high hopes for the 2010 CC </span>Uruguay Tannat kit. I have never been disappointed with any of the other Cellar Craft kits I have made and I do not think I will be disappointed with this kit.</span>

Found this:
"
Tannat is a red wine perhaps most famous for being at the base of
Armagnac - a French brandy from the Gascony region. It is used as a
blending red in France and other nearby countries, but has taken on a
life of its own in Uruguay. Tannat does very well in Uruguay and has
become one of the most heavily planted grapes in this South American
country.

Tannat has flavors of blackberry and raspberry."

Sounds good. Keep us informed about how it goes for you

I am also looking forward to this kit. I expect a bonus of plenty of peanuts as well.

RJMehr said:
So, I have high hopes for the 2010 CC </span>Uruguay Tannat kit.</span>
Tonight I finally cleared/stabilized my Tannat. I think this wine will drop a lot of sediments over the next three weeks. It seemed to have more sediment then most CC grape pack kits. The smell is just fabulous.

The Tannat came with 100 grams of Hungarian oak cubes which I added after I cleared/stabilized the wine. I called Cellar Craft to see if they forgot to include any oak during the primary fermentation and was told that the kit only came with the Hungarian oak cubes.

I plan to bulk age this wine for at least one year.

Robert

Latest posts

Back